We are proud to announce the first alpha release of what should become PowerDNS Recursor 4.4.0.
This release contains various bug fixes, improvements and new features. The most important new features are
- Native DNS64 support, without the need to use Lua.
- The ability to add custom tags to RPZ hits.
- To allow more efficient use, the record cache is now shared between threads.
- A routing tag can be added in Lua code, which will be used as an additional record cache key instead of of an EDNS subnet mask, enabling for a more simple record cache structure which will enhance query processing where the EDNS subnet mask is relevant.
- The Proxy Protocol version 2 has been implemented to allow for a structured exchange of information between a client (typically dnsdist) and the Recursor. See the documentation for details.
Please refer to the changelog for additional details.