PowerDNS Recursor 4.0.0 Release Candidate 1 Released
We’re happy to announce the availability of the first (and hopefully last) Release Candidate of the PowerDNS Recursor. This release has the finishing touches to the experimental DNSSEC support by adding (Negative) Trust Anchor support and fixing a possible issue with DNSSEC and forwarded domains:
- #3941 Ensure delegations from local auth zones are followed
- #3924 Add a virtual hosting unit-file
- #3929 Set the FDs in the unit file to a sane value
- #3961 Fix building on EL6 i386
- #3957 Add error reporting when parsing forward-zones(-recurse) (Aki Tuomi)
We would like to invite everyone to run this release in test or production environments and report any issues you find through GitHub. If no issues are reported, we expect to release the final version of the PowerDNS Recursor 4.0.0 in little over a week.
You can download the tarball(sig) and compile it yourself, or install it from our repositories.