We are very happy to release PowerDNS DNSdist 1.8.3 today, a maintenance release fixing a few bugs reported since 1.8.2:
- The exponential back-off timer used when a carbon server is unreachable had a bug that could lead to a busy-loop, consuming CPU time until the carbon server became reachable again
- In some cases, truncated UDP responses from a backend were not properly discarded
- Removing the last rule of a rules chain by its name or UUID was broken
- Several cosmetic issues related to eBPF dynamic blocks were fixed
- The JSON produced by the REST API might have been invalid when some special characters were present
In addition to these fixes, two new Lua bindings were added: DynBlockRulesGroup:removeRange and DNSHeader:getTC.
Please see the DNSdist website for the more complete changelog and the current documentation.
Please send us all feedback and issues you might have via the mailing list, or in case of a bug, via GitHub.
We are grateful to the PowerDNS community for the reporting of bugs, issues, feature requests, and especially to the submitters of fixes and implementations of features.
The release tarball and its signature are available on the downloads website, and packages for several distributions are available from our repository.