We are very happy to release DNSdist 1.7.4 today, a maintenance release fixing a few bugs reported since 1.7.3:
- Single-SOA XFR responses were not properly handled
- Incoming DNS flags were not properly recorded in the ring buffer on a timeout
- In SetEDNSOptionAction the extended rcode, EDNS version and DO bit could be misread
- Also reconnect UDP sockets on ENETUNREACH (Asgeir Storesund Nilsen)
- The TCP d_queued counter could overflow in some cases
- The number of concurrent queries to a TCP back-end could be off by one
- Health-check timeout computation for DoH back-end was sometimes incorrect
- RCodeAction hits did not properly update rcode-related metrics
- Cosmetic issue in ‘showServers’
- JSON strings containing binary data were not always properly encoded by the webserver
- Ignore unclean TLS session shutdown with OpenSSL 3
- Invalid OCSP files should not prevent DNSdist from starting
- Sander Hoentjen fixed a few build issues
Christof Chen also added a new ‘getPoolNames’ function, returning a list of pool names.
We are immensely grateful to the PowerDNS community for the reporting of bugs, issues, feature requests, and especially to the submitters of fixes and implementations of features.