Second Release Candidate of PowerDNS DNSdist 1.8.0
We are very happy to release the second candidate of what will become dnsdist 1.8.0!
This release contains fixes for a few issues that were found in the first release candidate, the most important one being that dnsdist was responding from the wrong source IP address in some setups, which was reported by multiple users. Many thanks to them!
- #12586: Fix the harvesting of destination addresses, so we reply from the correct source IP in all cases
- #12587: Skip signal-unsafe logging when we are about to exit, with TSAN
- #12588: Fix compilation with DoH disabled (Adam Majer)
- #12589: YaHTTP: Better detection of whether C++11 features are available
- #12592: Only increment the ‘servfail-responses’ metric on backend responses (phonedph1)
- #12593: Clean up the fortify and LTO m4 by not directly editing flags
- #12615: Add Lua bindings for PB requestorID, deviceName and deviceID
Please see the dnsdist website for the more complete changelog and the current documentation. The upgrade guide is also available there.
Please send us all feedback and issues you might have via the mailing list, or in case of a bug, via GitHub.
We are immensely grateful to the PowerDNS community for the reporting of bugs, issues, feature requests, and especially to the submitters of fixes and implementations of features.
The release tarball and its signature are available on the downloads website, and packages for several distributions are available from our repository.