This is the first release candidate for Authoritative Server 4.7.0. We hope it will also be the last 😊
4.7.0 brings support for Catalog Zones, developed by Kees Monshouwer. As part of that development, the freshness checks in the Primary code were reworked, reducing them from doing potentially thousands of SQL queries (if you have thousands of domains) to only a few. Installations with lots of domains will benefit greatly from this, even without using catalog zones.
4.7.0 also brings back GSS-TSIG support, previously removed for quality reasons, now reworked with many stability improvements.
Other things of note:
- LUA records, when queried over TCP, can now re-use a Lua state, giving a serious performance boost.
- lmdbbackend databases now get a UUID assigned, making it easy for external software to spot if a database was completely replaced
- lmdbbackend databases now optionally use random IDs for objects
- a new LUA function called
ifurlextup, and improvements in other LUA record functions
- autoprimary management in
pdnsutiland the HTTP API
- in beta, a key roller daemon, currently not packaged
A full list of changes can be found in the changelog.
Please make sure to read the Upgrade Notes before upgrading.