We are very happy to announce the third release candidate of dnsdist 1.5.0. 1.5.0 contains several new exciting features and a few breaking changes since 1.4.0 that were detailed in the announcement of alpha1. If you upgrade from 1.4.0, please see the upgrade guide for more information.
This new release candidate has very few changes since the second release candidate except an important bug fix in DoH processing, and a few minor improvements and cleanups:
- DoH processing could stop working if too many responses were processed at the same time, filling the internal pipe (9211) ;
- compilation was broken on systems that do not define HOST_NAME_MAX (9127) ;
- the detection of std::string has been enhanced by Rosen Penev (9207, 9213) ;
- optional masks were added to KeyValueLookupKeySourceIP (9144) ;
- an ACL was added to the internal web server (9229) ;
- and finally the sample configuration file was cleaned up to be more helpful to new installations (9238).
The DoH processing issue was the last pending one we were aware of, so hopefully this release candidate should be the last one!
We want to once again thank everyone that contributed to the testing of alpha1 and the first two release candidates!
Release tarballs are available on the downloads website.
Several packages are also available in our repository. Please be aware that we have enabled a few additional features in our packages, like DNS over HTTPS, DNS over TLS and DNSTAP support, on distributions where the required dependencies were available.