PowerDNS Authoritative 4.0.4 Release Candidate 1 released!
Because 4.0.3 is 5 months ago, and a lot has happened since (see the long changelog below), we are doing a release candidate for release 4.0.4.
The full changelog looks like this:
- #5346: configure.ac: corrects syntax error in test statement on existance of libcrypto_ecdsa (shinsterneck)
- #5341: Fix typo in ldapbackend.cc from issue #5091 (shantikulkarni)
- #5289: NSEC sorting (Kees Monshouwer)
- #4824: Check in the detected OpenSSL/libcrypto for ECDSA
- #4781: API: correctly take TTL from first record even if we are at the last comment (zeha)
- #4901: Fix AtomicCounter unit tests on 32-bit
- #4911: Fix negative port detection for IPv6 addresses on 32-bit
- #4508: Remove support for ‘right’ timezones, as this code turned out to be broken
- #4961: Lowercase the TSIG algorithm name in hash computation
- #5048: Handle exceptions raised by
- #5378: Make sure NSEC ordernames are always lower case
- #5297: Don’t leak on signing errors during outgoing AXFR; signpipe stumbles over interrupted rrsets; fix memory leak in gmysql backend
- #5325: YaHTTP: Sync with upstream changes
- #5298: Notify dnsupdate backport (Kees Monshouwer)
- #5317: add option to set a global lua-axfr-script value (Kees Monshouwer)
- #5130: dnsreplay: Add
- #5085: calidns: Use the correct socket family (IPv4 / IPv6)
- #5170: Backport: Add an option to allow AXFR of zones with a different (higher/lower) serial #5169 (Kees Monshouwer)
- #5071: backport #5051: fix godbc query logging (cherry-pick of d2bc6b2)
- #4622: API dot-inconsistencies
- #4762: SuffixMatchNode: Fix insertion issue for an existing node
- #5016: backport #4838: Check if we can link against libatomic if needed
- #4861: Do not resolve the NS-records for NOTIFY targets if the “only-notify” whitelist is empty, as a target will never match an empty whitelist.
- #5378: Improve the axfr dnssec freshness check; Ignore NSEC3PARAM metadata in an unsigned zone
- #5297: Create additional
reuseportsockets before dropping privileges; remove transaction in pgpsql backend
Tarballs (sig) and packages for different operating systems can be downloaded from the downloads website. The packages are versioned so that users of the 4.0.x repositories can download and install them (using
dpkg -i or
rpm -U) and when the final release of 4.0.5 is added to the repositories, the package will be upgraded to the version in the repository.