We are very pleased to announce the availability of dnsdist 1.1.0. There have been very few changes since 1.1.0-beta2, the most significant ones being that we now handle header-only responses, and that “Refused” responses are now handled by the cache in the same way as “ServFail” ones.
dnsdist 1.1.0 has seen a significant amount of development, mostly based on feedback from they many 1.0 deployments. The majority of the new features have already been taken into production by pre-release and beta users.
- TeeAction: send queries to a second nameserver, but ignore responses. Used to test new installations on existing traffic. Also used by the Yeti rootserver project.
- Response rules which act on received responses
- AXFR/IXFR support, including filtering options
- Linux kernel based query type and query name filtering (eBPF), for very high speed packet rejection. Includes counters and statistics
- Query counting infrastructure (contributed by TransIP’s Reinier Schoof)
Release tarballs are available on the downloads website.
Several packages are also available on our repository.