We are pleased to announce the availability of the second beta release of dnsdist 1.1.0. We fixed several bugs since beta 1, especially in the TCP area, and added a few new features:
- EDNS Client Subnet can be configured per-query
- The UDP timeout is now configurable
- Dynamic blocks can send a REFUSED response instead of simply dropping the query
- A ServFail response can be returned when no server are available, instead of dropping the query
- Our internal statistics counters are readable from Lua
- The configuration engine can include every configuration files found in a given directory
- ACL rules can be edited via the API
- The percentage of the cache scanned to expunge expired entries can be configured
Release tarballs are available on the downloads website.
Several packages are also available on our repository.