We are pleased to announce the availability of the second beta release of dnsdist 1.1.0. We fixed several bugs since beta 1, especially in the TCP area, and added a few new features:
- EDNS Client Subnet can be configured per-query
- The UDP timeout is now configurable
- Dynamic blocks can send a REFUSED response instead of simply dropping the query
- A ServFail response can be returned when no server are available, instead of dropping the query
- Our internal statistics counters are readable from Lua
- The configuration engine can include every configuration files found in a given directory
- ACL rules can be edited via the API
- The percentage of the cache scanned to expunge expired entries can be configured
See the dnsdist website for the more complete changelog and the current documentation.
Release tarballs are available on the downloads website.
Several packages are also available on our repository.