We are pleased to announce the availability of the first beta release of dnsdist 1.1.0. In addition to several bug-fixes and improvements, a lot of new features have been added since dnsdist 1.0.0, including but not limited to:
- TeeAction sends a copy of selected queries to a different nameserver
- eBPF filtering allows in-kernel filtering based on the source or QName/QType
- New rules have been added, allowing filtering on the opcode, records count and type, QName length and labels count, destination address and the presence of trailing data
- Response rules are now supported and allow dropping or delaying a response
- AXFR and IXFR awareness
- Per-QName query counting (as contributed by Reinier Schoof of TransIP)
Release tarballs are available on the downloads website.
Several packages are also available on our repository.