We are pleased to announce the availability of the first beta release of dnsdist 1.1.0. In addition to several bug-fixes and improvements, a lot of new features have been added since dnsdist 1.0.0, including but not limited to:
- TeeAction sends a copy of selected queries to a different nameserver
- eBPF filtering allows in-kernel filtering based on the source or QName/QType
- New rules have been added, allowing filtering on the opcode, records count and type, QName length and labels count, destination address and the presence of trailing data
- Response rules are now supported and allow dropping or delaying a response
- AXFR and IXFR awareness
- Per-QName query counting (as contributed by Reinier Schoof of TransIP)
See the dnsdist website for the more complete changelog and the current documentation.
Release tarballs are available on the downloads website.
Several packages are also available on our repository.