We’re pleased to announce the release of the first Release Candidate for the PowerDNS Authoritative server.
This Release Candidate has the number 2. After rc1 was tagged in git, Kees Monshouwer discovered and corrected an issue where the server could terminate on a MySQL timeout.
This release features the addition of IXFR consumption and prepares SQL statements “lazily” to be more robust against database reconnections.
- #3937 GSQL: use lazy prepared statements (Aki Tuomi)
- #3949 Implement IXFR-based slaving for Authoritative, fix duplicate AXFRs
- #4066 Don’t die on a mysql timeout (Kees Monshouwer)
- #4061 Various fixes, a MySQL-query fix that improves performance and one that allows shorter best matches in getAuth()
- #3962 Fix OpenBSD support
- #3972 API: change PATCH/PUT on zones to return 204 No Content instead of full zone (Christian Hofstaedtler)
- #3917 Remotebackend: Add getAllDomains call (Aki Tuomi)
Bug fixes and changes:
- #3998 remove gsql::isOurDomain for now (Kees Monshouwer)
- #3989 Fix usage of std::distance() in DNSName::isPartOf()
- #4001 re enable validDNSName() check (Kees Monshouwer)
- #3930 Have pdns_control bind-add-zone check for zonefile
- #3400 Fix building on OpenIndiana
- #3961 Allow building on CentOS 6 i386
- #3940 auth: Don’t build dnsbulktest and dnstcpbench if boost is too old, fixes building on CentOS 6
- #3931 Rename
We believe this release is ready for production and encourage users to deploy it. The source code tarball(sig) can be downloaded from the downloads website and packages for several platforms are available from our repositories.