We’re pleased to announce version 3.4.8 of our Authoritative Server.
This is a small bugfix release to 3.4.7. Additionally, the deb/RPM packages on downloads.powerdns.com (those with -static in the name) for 3.4.8 have been built against Botan 1.10.11 instead of Botan 1.10.3 like previous packages. Please see the Botan Security page for more information on the fixes in Botan 1.10.11. As a PowerDNS user, these issues only affect you if you ran our -static packages *and* allowed your users to upload private keys to your configuration.
Tar.gz and packages are available on:
(RHEL/CentOS, with the usual huge thanks to Kees Monshouwer).
Warning: Version 3.4.8 of the PowerDNS Authoritative Server is a major upgrade if you are coming from 2.9.x. Additionally, if you are coming from any 3.x version (including 3.3.1), there is a mandatory SQL schema upgrade. Please refer to the Upgrade documentation for important information on correct and stable operation, as well as notes on performance and memory use.
Find the downloads on our download page, https://www.powerdns.com/downloads.html
Changes since 3.4.7:
- commit edfa60a: Use AC_SEARCH_LIBS (Ruben Kerkhof)
- commit 7b7a3af: Check for inet_aton in libresolv (Ruben Kerkhof)
- commit 9322aee: Remove hardcoded -lresolv, -lnsl and -lsocket (Ruben Kerkhof)
- commit 23d26d8: pdnssec: don’t check disabled records (Pieter Lexis)
- commit ce92ff1: pdnssec: check all records (including disabled ones) only in verbose mode (Kees Monshouwer)
- commit f745312: traling dot in DNAME content (Kees Monshouwer)
- commit ed02761: Fix luabackend compilation on FreeBSD i386 (RvdE)
- commit 07ea6ac: silence g++ 6.0 warnings and error (Kees Monshouwer)
- commit c6077b1: add gcc 5.3 and 6.0 support to boost.m4 (Kees Monshouwer)