We’re pleased to announce version 3.7.2 of our Recursor.
The most important part of this update is a fix for CVE-2015-1868.
Please see http://doc.powerdns.com/md/security/powerdns-advisory-2015-01/
for more information.
Tar.gz and packages are available on:
* Soon: https://www.monshouwer.eu/download/3rd_party/pdns-recursor/
(RHEL/CentOS, with the usual huge thanks to Kees Monshouwer).
The changelog with clickable links can also be found on
PowerDNS Recursor 3.7.2
Released 23rd of April, 2015
Among other bug fixes and improvements (as listed below), this release
incorporates a fix for CVE-2015-1868, as detailed in PowerDNS
Security Advisory 2015-01
* Fix handling of forward references in label compressed packets; fixes CVE-2015-1868
* make sure we never call sendmsg with msg_control!=NULL && msg_controllen>0. Fixes #2227
* Improve robustness of root-nx-trust.
* Silence warnings that always occur on FreeBSD (Ruben Kerkhof)