|Version 3.4.1. of the PowerDNS Authoritative Server is a major upgrade if you are coming from 2.9.x. Additionally, if you are coming from any 3.x version (including 3.3.1), there is a mandatory SQL schema upgrade. Please refer toSection 6, “From PowerDNS Authoritative Server 3.3.1 to 3.4.0” and any relevant sections before it, before deploying this version. There are no 3.4.1 upgrade notes.|
|Released October 30th, 2014
Find the downloads on our download page.
This is a bugfix update to 3.4.0 and any earlier version.
A list of changes since 3.4.0 follows.
- commit dcd6524, commit a8750a5, commit 7dc86bf, commit 2fda71f: PowerDNS now polls the security status of a release at startup and periodically. More detail on this feature, and how to turn it off, can be found in Section 2, “Security polling”.
- commit 5fe6dc0: API: Replace HTTP Basic auth with static key in custom header (X-API-Key)
- commit 4a95ab4: Use transaction for pdnssec increase-serial
- commit 6e82a23: Don’t empty ordername during pdnssec increase-serial
- commit 535f4e3: honor SOA-EDIT while considering “empty IXFR” fallback, fixes ticket 1835. This fixes slaving of signed zones to IXFR-aware slaves like NSD or BIND.