|Version 3.4.0 of the PowerDNS Authoritative Server is a major upgrade if you are coming from 2.9.x. Additionally, if you are coming from any 3.x version (including 3.3.1), there is a mandatory SQL schema upgrade. Please refer toSection 6, “From PowerDNS Authoritative Server 3.3.1 to 3.4.0” and any relevant sections before it, before deploying this version.|
|RC2 released September 23rd, 2014
This is a performance, feature, bugfix and conformity update to 3.3.1 and any earlier version. It contains a huge amount of work by various contributors, to whom we are very grateful.
A list of changes since 3.3.1 follows.
Changes between RC1 and RC2:
- commit bb6e54f: document udp6-queries, udp4-queries, add rd-queries, recursion-unanswered metrics & document. Closes ticket 1400.
- commit 4a23af7: init script: support DAEMON_ARGS; commit 7e5b3a0: init script: ensure socket dir exists
- commit dd930ed: don’t import supermaster ips from other accounts
- commit ed3afdf: fall back to central bind if reuseport bind fails; improves ticket 1715
- commit 709ca59: GeoIP backend implementation. This is a new backend, still experimental!
- commit bf5a484: support EVERY future version of OS X, fixes ticket 1702
- commit 4dbaec6: Check for __FreeBSD_kernel__ as per https://lists.debian.org/debian-bsd/2006/03/msg00127.html, fixes ticket 1684;commit 74f389d: __FreeBSD_kernel__ is defined but empty on systems with FreeBSD kernels, breaking compile. Thanks pawal
- commit 882ca9d: revert setpgrp changes
- commit 2e6bbd8: Catch PDNSException in Signingpiper::helperWorker to avoid abort
- commit 0ffd51d: improve error reporting on malformed labels
- commit c48dec7: Fix forwarded TSIG message issue
- commit dad70f2: skip TCP_DEFER_ACCEPT on platforms that do not have it (like FreeBSD); fixes ticket 1658
- commit c7287b6: should fix ticket 1662, reloading while checking for domains that need to be notified in BIND, causing lock
- commit 3e67ea8: allow OPT pseudo record type in IXFR query
- commit a1caa8b: webserver: htmlescape VERSION and config name
- commit df9d980: Remove “log-failed-updates” leftover
- commit a1fe72a: Remove unused “soa-serial-offset” option