We are very happy to announce the first release candidate of dnsdist 1.5.0. 1.5.0 contains several new exciting features and a few breaking changes since 1.4.0 that were detailed in the announcement of alpha1. If you upgrade from 1.4.0, please see the upgrade guide for more information.
This new release candidate has very few changes since alpha1:
- a compilation issue on OpenBSD was fixed (8955) ;
- the Lua binding for SuffixMatchNode::remove was added (8956) ;
- a regression introduced in 1.4.0 for DNSCrypt users was fixed (8974, 8976), with our thanks to Frank Denis for reporting the issue and suggesting ways to fix it ;
- responses received from a backend with the QR bit not set are now dropped (8996) ;
- an option to control the size of the TCP listen queue was added (8994).
We want to once again thank everyone that contributed to the testing of alpha1!
Release tarballs are available on the downloads website.
Several packages are also available in our repository. Please be aware that we have enabled a few additional features in our packages, like DNS over HTTPS, DNS over TLS and DNSTAP support, on distributions where the required dependencies were available.