We’re happy to announce the release of the PowerDNS Authoritative server version 4.1.4. This maintenance release features several bug fixes. The two most important being a fix in the handling of child-zones with DNS UPDATE and one where orphaned record comments would mess up records returned by the API.
Here is the list of changes, the full changelog is available in the documentation:
- #6780: Avoid concurrent records/comments iteration from running out of sync.
- #6816: Fix a crash in the API when adding records.
- #4457, #6691:
pdns_control notify: handle slave without renotify properly. (Chris Hofstaedtler)
- #6736, #6738: Reset the TSIG state between queries.
- #6857: Remove SOA-check backoff on incoming notify and fix lock handling. (Klaus Darilion)
- #6858: Fix an issue where updating a record via DNS-UPDATE in a child zone that also exists in the parent zone, we would incorrectly apply the update to the parent zone.
- #6676, #6677: Geoipbackend: check
geoip_id_by_addr_v6_glreturn value. (Aki Tuomi)